Thursday, June 4, 2009

Even the Hearses Are Better Here

Admir was supposed to call me back yesterday and didn't. But I guess I didn't really want to talk to him anyway. To take my mind off things (kind of), I found an episode of "Classic Cars" on TV that did a segment on hearses. The show is based in England, so all the hearses were smaller and had mostly glass where the vinyl tops should be.

Worse still, most of the filming was done at this boring-looking car show. They were all in a field in the middle of nowhere, which is normal, but the attendee's hadn't done anything particularly exciting to their cars. Some of the casket boards looked nice. Some were... clean. But there were no interior modifications to speak of and nary a new paint job on any one of them. I'm sure there were mechanical variations from year to year, but they all looked pretty much the same to me. Oh, wait! There's a skull replica hanging from a rearview mirror! How clever and unexpected!

The host drove one of the hearse clones and remarked that it was "quite an undertaking." Har. Driving a hearse is just like driving an SUV... except unlike most SUV drivers, I know the weight and limitations of my car, so I'm not going to pull asinine moves in traffic that risk the safety of myself and other people.

As chance would have it, a friend sent me a video about drifting hearses that was also filmed in England. I cringed at the idea of trying to drift in my car. And now I know someone out there is thinking, I need to find a way to befriend PlatKat and gain her complete trust so I can borrow her stuff and go drift in her car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home