Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shit Happens, Suffering Is Optional

Now that I'm back in SoCal, I figured I'd mention that I am still doing this project and have not yet died trying. I needed a little break from everything, so I took one. Of course, all the junk I was dealing with before is still here and more urgent than ever.

On my to-do list:
-Find a sublet for the summer, or at least a month
-Write a letter to Admir like my lawyer suggested
-Check the progress on the upholstery
-Find a reputable sound installer
-Sue Admir when he doesn't answer my letter

I was thinking about buying a beater car to use for a little while, but I'd rather avoid it. Cars, especially old ones, are more of a liability than an asset. I think once I find a place with a room with a bed and a door, I'll be in better shape to handle the other stuff, and I'll probably find I don't need a car. Most of the people who have called me back so far have apartments within walking distance of stores and stuff.

Did I mention this is stressful as all hell? On top of everything, I got a UTI on Thursday and spent the day writhing in pain at the doctor's office. I don't have health insurance, which is no one's fault but mine, but the fact still remains I needed to spend a few hundred dollars to take care of this. I had the uncanny feeling that something like this would happen at some point, and I guess I can just be glad it happened while I was in good company. I'm hoping I'm at the tail end of it now.

Okay, I realize that had absolutely nothing to do with the car. I suppose now I'm just killing time before writing this damn letter. My lawyer told me all kinds of official-sounding language to use, but I don't think that's going to produce the desired result. The main purpose of the letter is to show that I tried to settle this out of court when I actually do sue him. But if there's even a chance in hell that we can deal with this outside of court, I want to seize the opportunity.

When I talked to Art today, he said he'd try to talk to Admir. He offered, I didn't ask. Every time I call him, I reiterate my position that this isn't his fault, but I still need to resolve this matter. He's the only one I know who knows Admir, so he's the person I have to call. Anyway... it's letter-time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home